Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Supernatural Sunday

What a fantastic sermon today!  I am so excited to have started our new study SUPERNATURAL which is a study of Romans 8.  I think it should be supernatural ADOPTION since the very first thing I read told me that I am in His family, and that I am FREE!! How awesome it is that I will never be condemned?  WOW!  Now that I have a few different viewpoints into the meaning of condemnation I feel so differently about this chapter.  I also have a new humility to how I treat other people.  When I condemn someone, I am separating them from myself.  When a judge condemns a convicted criminal, that person is separated from society.  To know I will never be separated from my God is amazing!  Now, I am aware this does not mean I can get away with doing wrong, or with abusing my “forgiveness” card.  What it means is that God knows I am not perfect and I as a human will make mistakes and He will be standing there with His arms open wide ready to accept me.  He will never separate Himself from me, or vice versa. I have come to understand that the more I make my life’s decisions based on His will, the easier (maybe not the right word) it is to live according to His law.  To live in the Spirit.  I have made a conscious decision to live my life as close to the Spirit as humanly possibly, and each day is less of a struggle to remember that.  I find that it becomes “second nature” although it should be my First Nature

My neighbors are awesome.  They are such a spiritually focused family.  It was so refreshing to attend a lifegroup where I learned.  We were lead, we read, we interjected, we discussed and we prayed.  I walked away with even more insight into the lesson as our sermon also reads along with it.  Keep them in your prayers as they prayerfully consider a move to Uganda.  They are asking the Lord to lead them and are ready to Go in whatever direction he leads them. 

Pray for my brother.  Pray for healing, strength, focus and for God’s love to abound in his life.  Pray that he be uplifted, that he be healed.  I will write more about it later, but for now just PRAY.

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

    Jenny

 

 

1 comment:

OMH said...

Wooooo Girl I thought you weren't attending because you were working...have you changed churches? Your small group sounds exciting! Ours is growing and changing and becoming so much more than it has ever been, so I am excited about that!

Love you and miss you and the girls!
Twila