Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Perfect Love

God is love. Love. LOVE!  Today’s prayer truth: God is perfect in how He cares and responds to His creation.  
Perfect=Love J   

How blessed are we as a nation of Christians to have the written truth that God loves us, unconditionally and perfectly, no matter what!  All He asks in return is that we, with a humble heart, give ourselves to Him by accepting Christ as our Saviour.  We are reminded of this is one of our generations most quoted scriptures, recognizable by even non-Christians: 

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” NIV John 3:16 
As a parent, I can not begin to fathom the idea of giving my only son for any cause!  It is heart and gut wrenching to even think of losing Ian.  So to know and believe that my heavenly Father made the ultimate sacrifice of his only Child for the sake of our lives reinforces an abounding, unrelentless, complete and PERFECT love.  Knowing this, understanding this and accepting this, how can anyone not live a life of Christ?  How can we as a community turn our heads at the poor and neglected, the wounded and bruised, those whose spirits are broken by satan, and the people who have somehow “sinned against us”.  He wants us to love.  He wants us to forgive.  To forgive is to Love (Latin is codono:  to give away).  To give is to Love.  Be it by forgiveness of any transgression or giving of ourselves for the purpose of uplifting another.  Either way, it represents our love, passion and commitment to live out what the Lord instructed.  

We are quick to judge.  I am as guilty as the next person, for I am not perfect.  I find myself passing judgment on others many times a day.  What I am making a habit of doing now is calling myself out, correcting my thoughts, asking for forgiveness and moving towards a life that will be void of such behaviour.  This is a year of revival for me.  I have made the commitment to living my life unselfish, unworldly and surrendering to Gods love.  I want to know what it is like to hear God speak.  To understand and know in an instant what it is He wants me to do.  I plan to go when I hear those words.  

“Since we have not been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! For if , when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!  Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.” NIV Romans 5:9-11


In Him, Forever Blessed...
    Jenny



No comments: