Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lazy Days

So I worked all weekend, and it was a pleasant one I must say.  Not really any crisis or critical situations, so I spent a majority of my time rounding through my areas and getting back to basics that I miss.  Sometimes I think that my role is looked at as being “above” basic nursing 101 and it’s the part I don’t like if I had to find a negative.  I love to do nursing care!  I don’t care if it’s just to turn and wipe a butt…let me help J  But this weekend was full of busy work for all the areas so I just went about answering call bells and doing anything I could to help out my fellow nursing friends.  A little conversation with a lonely patient goes a long way for both the patient and myself.  It’s how I try to spread some of the love Christ bestows on me.  The time also reminded me how much I miss direct patient care, and that I am looking forward to getting back to my part-time hours so I can work a day or 2 in the units.  I am so grateful to my Lord for allowing me the clarity at such a young age to know what my calling in life is!!

 

“May the God of hope fill you with all the joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

 

 

No comments: