Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

I am so excited at the start of 2011!!  I feel so strongly that this is going to be a remarkably positive year full of many spiritual blessings.  I am looking forward to all the Lord has in store for me!  Our Christmas was sweet.  We did not go overboard with gifts, actually kept it very scarce.  Not only did we choose to not go into any further debt, I am wanting my children to understand the Spirit of Christmas, not the commercial influence.  I want us to be traditionally giving to those in need, focusing our thoughts and actions on serving.  That is where my heart is this year, serving others. I have a family on my list right now that I am gathering needed items for.  I am forever grateful to God for the many blessings He has bestowed on us this season!  Josh made a 10 hour road trip to New Orleans with all the kids to visit with his parents for 6 days!!  I missed them, but I am glad they all had a wonderful time and the kids loved seeing grandma and grandpa. 

 

I am also at peace with the many decisions I have made these past few weeks.  My life feels so much easier.  Less stressful.  Maybe that is why I am able to hear what the Spirit is telling me, because I am not weighed down with negative thoughts and feelings.  I have let go of unhealthy relationships, begun new ones and re-established ones the Lord has guided me to.  I am grateful to my neighbors, the Stubbs, for their hospitality, generosity and genuine love for my children J  I am in eternal debt to my parents (all 6 of them) for all they do for us in their many talented ways.  Our needs are met, our children loved and our relationships strong. 

 

I love my husband.  We don’t have the perfect marriage (who does?) but how awesome it is that I can count on him to run the house when I am having to work so many extra hours!  How lucky I am to always feel confident that the house is in order, the kids fed and bathed and that I am appreciated.  Josh, I love you and I am so grateful to God that He gave you to me to make this journey of life with!! 

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

 

 

2 comments:

The Chrest Family said...

good for you....exciting to see what God has in store for your family

Psalm139verse14 said...

Uh, hello, you need to update! Get with it girl :)