Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 1 Survived!

We made it through the first week of school. Thank.God!  Talk about a beating.  Keara, bless her heart, she is loving school but her body is not adjusting well to such an early rise along with 7 hours of school.  I had her nap this afternoon because she was so touchy, emotional and cranky!! On the flip side, her teacher let us know how wonderful she is doing, that she is a leader and how the other girls look up to her :) Not what I expected!! Go Keara!
Abby is miss pleaser. She wants to be the best, her behavior is impeccable and she has to play mother hen to the 3 boys at her table. Her teacher recognizes this and compliments her on it :) She has a definite drive I hope she retains.

I must say, I still wish I could of had the chance to homeschool them.  I miss having my house full of organized chaos, the sound of siblings laughing and learning together.  Our table time each day, field trips when it suited us. No time constraints or consequences for not attending a set number of days. *sigh. Maybe one day, maybe.

No comments: