Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sweet keara

So here I sit, at Childrens Hospital New Orleans with my 5yr old daughter. She may be our tiny, petite one, but man does she have a strong spirit! This little girl has lived with a chronic skin disease since 2 months old and this is her second hospitalization for a severe staph and strep infection. I think the strep worries me more since it is the causative agent for necrotizing faciatis. No bueno. Praise God we have not faced that!
Friday. It was the last day of her and Abby's visit with grandma and grandpa Cavender.  A movie day at that!  Until Keara woke up with pus filled blisters all over her left foot, partially on her right foot and scattered on her hands. I freaked out! As any reasonable mom would, right??
I enlisted the prayers of all the people I know, bowed heads with my friend/neighbor Jenn, and booked a flight out first thing Saturday morning. It was a day full of emotions, a rollercoaster at best. But Josh and I have been through this before and have raised her through this from birth.  We are strong, and despite emotions, we understand each others view points but respect each others needs and feelings. And he recognizes my faith.
Onward to Saturday. God was with me from the get go! We arrived at Love Field at 0645. My flight departs at 0730. The lines are OUTRAGEOUS!!  I mean, close to 100 in the security check point, another 50-75 for baggage check!!  I'm NOT making this flight!!!  I start crying and I haven't even moved my feet. Have faith Jenny,  have faith. Bless the couple in front of me who handed me an A-1 card which put me at the front, praises to the TSA officer who directed me to a checkpoint with less than 20 people and for God speed in making it to my gate with less than 5 min to spare. I checked my bag at 0710. With Him, I made it. Each of those people today were a blessing to me.

she is currently on IV Vancomycin every 6°.  We should have the sensitivity results back tomorrow to know which antibiotics she will be given by mouth when we leave.  In the meantime, I will be patient and take good care of her skin; advocating on her behalf.
I didn't get into the BSN program.  That's okay, I have my family. And I get to fly off and take care of my baby girl.




1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

What????????? Goodness, I'm so sorry Jenny(and Keara!). Hugs and more hugs to you guys. I'm praying.