Saturday, September 3, 2011

A seed begins to grow

Last Sunday I was informed by Abby's Sunday school teacher that she needed to bring her Bible each week. They are now learning to navigate their way through, learn the books and reference & read Scripture.  Well, Abby doesn't have a complete Bible, just a new testament and her book of bible stories. 
So Friday I had errands to run which included Half Price Books (for me and a book exchange) when lo and behold, not only a nice leather bound young girls NIV Bible, but 20% off! Score one for the faithful, love a good bargain.  So, as my grandmother did in 1984, I bought Abby her very first Bible. 
But it gets better! Later that afternoon I was checking my emails and noticed one from Christ Fellowship, children's minister David Klippert-Rowe. In it he proceeds to enlighten me to how Abby is voicing interest in who Christ is and how she can share him with her friends :D could a parent be more excited!! Ephesians 6:4 "...bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord"
She informed me this morning that during the night, if she wakes up or can't sleep, "I turn on my little light and read my Bible". Oh, my sweet and precious Abigail, I hope you always keep your little light shining; shining bright for the whole world to see!


1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

Awwww, how sweet! Jesus is going to use her mightily :)