Monday, September 12, 2011

Thoughts Over Dawn

Washing dishes.  I'm sure it drums up fond memories for we "late 30-something" folks. A time before electric dishwashers were present, much less a staple in every American home.
Marriages have been weighing heavy on my heart lately. As a woman in a spiritually unequally yoked covenant, it surprises me a bit. Not only am I witnessing the demise of marriages with friends, watching close friends fall away from the church and Christianity, seeing couples place a lot of "me" and no "you" in their lives and I'm seeing it from a whole new perspective.  It is the accumulation of my own search into building a stronger Christian marriage within my own home. LOTS of reading.
I'm currently half-way through Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage. I am taking so much more away from this book than I ever imagined!! Not only that, but I believe the principles can be applied to any relationship. One conviction I have, is to earnestly pray if this is a way my LORD wants me to serve. Could I be a mentor to another woman in my place?

Oh, yea, the reason I stopped scrubbing to blog! Taking into account my above thoughts, along with my immense gratitude in being home with my kids and I had another "light bulb" moment.  First, might the trend in job lay-offs be God's way of making people change priorities, but maybe it's an attempt to transition families back to a Biblical standard ; having a parent in the home at all times. That being said, my door to UTA closed because I took my focus off of what He wanted and began to place myself as center. By closing off the opportunity, I was awakened to my place in my home, my place in His plan and most importantly, His place in my heart/life.

Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.
Ephesians 5:14

JOY:
Jesus
Others
Yourself

PEACE:
Pray
Empathize
Act
Confess
Emmulate


No comments: