Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stoked!!

Sometimes I just tickle myself :)  I got a little excited this week after my long, 3 hour grocery shopping trip.  First, I saved 61% at Tom Thumb...yea me!!  Let me tell you though; the gentleman checking me out was drooling at the thought of nailing me with the coupon policy.  Shame on him! He actually went back, dug in the bags, to make sure I purchased said items. Really?? I found out that they "revisited" the policy about 2 months ago and made a few changes, one which screwed up my plans or I would have saved more. 
     Tom Thumb now does not accept a coupon for a "free" item.  With a BOGO sale, you can only count the paid item as a coupon transaction.  So what that meant for me was the 6 bottles of Classico Spaghetti sauce I purchased was only going to net me $1.32/bottle when I would have paid $0.99/bottle.  Not a huge loss, but a loss none the less.  So please be sure to frequently check your store policies.  You can do that from the store website.  On a funny side note, he did accept my coupons for Ken's Dressing and Tyson Ready Made Chicken; both were BOGO and I had a coupon for the "free" one (snicker, snicker)...
     So here is how I did: For all 3 stores (Tom Thumb, Alberston's and Kroger) the grand total was $304.25.  With reward savings and coupons I paid $149.96.  Not bad!!  I saved just over 50% which is always my goal.  I got:
6 boxes of Frosted mini-wheat's (strawberry and chocolate..no blueberry left)
6 bottles of Classico Sauce (Alfredo, too)
2 bottles of Ken's dressing (THA best!)
3 packages of Huggies Diapers (only had 3 coupons!!)
3 containers of Huggies baby wipes @ $0.49 each!!!!
9 Pringles
4 Cheeze-its (no coupon, but $1.75 each)
2 Pepperidge farm frozen cakes ($1.49 each)
4 Dananino yogurt packs
6 bags of M&M's. (OK, not needed but at $1.24 for the big bag...come on!)
4 Mrs. Dash (some for my mom, coupon was going to expire and they were finally on sale)
10 packs of Kool-aid (not healthy, but .10 each)
4 12-packs of Sprite/Coke (only paid for 2)
2 bags of potato chips (FREE!!)
And of course my fresh fruit, dairy, bread, Ashlynn's pasta, Drano and meat that I need.
So all in all, a good trip. 
 Let's just say I told Josh I need more room to put "the end of the world supply".  Closet is getting cramped.
AND I found a website to update you on the yearly insert send outs; www.sundaycouponpreview.com

1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

GIRL, I'm bowing down and saying "I'm not worthy"!! Ha ha, really, awesome job. I saw the Pepperidge Farm cakes on the webite and didn't think about getting them. Now, i'm going to go back and revisit that decision :)