Friday, June 24, 2011

Phew *shrug shoulders*, I can breathe I sigh of relief.  We spent 9 days wondering if Josh had bone metastases to his pelvis and lower rib cage.  Now, understanding he is only 36, you must also understand his history and current health-risks.  He has had GI issues all his life, is a pack a day smoker, moderate drinker (like most of society), family history of cancers and a bit overweight.  So he legitimately has risk factors.  But by the grace of God, his bone scan came back negative :)  Whether or not this moves him to make a few lifestyle changes is up to him.  I hope so, but a nagging wife accomplishes nothing. He is still suffering from some gallbladder vs "I don't know what" issues that he would like a "cure" for (without making lifestyle changes), so we just keep moving forward...
I took Keara for another horse lesson today and she had a BLAST!  This time was Western Saddle, barrel racing style.  I think we will definitely stick with Hannah for as long as we can (she will be a freshman in college this year).  She is great with Keara and lets her progress at her own pace.  Keara was ready to "run" with the horse, even corralled some steer during her lesson :) 
Poor Ian.  The "great" KIA is without AC and will cost roughly $1200 to repair.  That's about $200 over the KBB value.  So....NO.  But does he complain about it, nope.  He just puts the windows down and heads off to work.  He is a phenomenal kid!!!  I am so proud of him!!
Sometimes I think about friends from my past.  I wonder how God is working in their life and how their families are.  Some I can check up on by email, others I choose to keep wondering.  No point in going back with certain people, just keep moving forward confident in my decisions.  Christine, I think, doesn't keep in much contact due to the emotional turmoil of lost pregnancies and no children while I have 4.  I can totally understand and we do talk on rare occasion.  She knows I love her :)
I'm looking forward to church Sunday.  I feel like I have been so overwhelmed with summer that I have lost contact with my lord and scripture.  It's the quiet times I remember this, and there have been very few of those lately.  I'm going to shut this down, soak in the tub, read some scripture and go to bed. Early for a change. 

No comments: