Wednesday, June 15, 2011

*sigh*

Sometimes life gets far to busy.  Sometimes it seems to fly by, yet I feel as if I have been nothing short of lazy.  I’m not a fan of lazy, I like to get things gone and then spend time relaxing.  What I have tried really hard to do is just enjoy life. 

The kids are out for summer, so I’m focusing on soaking in all the time I can with them.  I’m purposefully planning on spending 2 hours, 3 days a week at the pool.  We go from about 9:30-11:30 so that we aren’t out in the heat of the day.  The kids are loving it!!  Abby is swimming under water and jumping in (all the way under!), Keara is starting to swim under water and Ashlynn just loves to be in the pool!  It’s a good workout and makes for a long nap for Ashlynn after lunch J

Ian is working at La Hacienda still and really enjoys it.  He’s getting a few more shifts now that school is out, and spends the rest of his time with friends.  I still can’t believe he’s going to be a senior this year, man…how time flies.  Next thing I know it will be the girls.  I could not be more proud of him.  He makes such great choices, does well in school and has the best of leadership qualities.  He will go far, that I know.

Plans are set for our road trip to NY next month.  The girls can not wait to see Sophie and Sydney; their cousins.  We will be spending 6 days with Dad and Pat, celebrate my cousins HS graduation and I’ll get a night or two with my awesome SIL and friends out on the town.  My mom is riding along on the trip; I know she worries about me.  I was going to drive it myself since Josh can’t go and Ian wants to stay and continue to work out for soccer.  I’m determined one way or another, I’ve made the drive before and would love the challenge.  Now I will have a driving buddy J  I love Rochester in the summer!  I plan on taking Abby and Keara to the beach one day and  maybe to Sea breeze another. I’m craving a Schaeler’s burger and Abbott’s frozen custard!!!!  Ooh, and a good Friday night fish fry.  Yummy! Lot’s of good times with lot’s of family, that’s the best part. It’s been 3 years since we’ve been back (minus my whirlwind 3 day trip in November).

I’m awaiting my appeal process to UT Arlington’s Financial Aid department.  I guess that my grades in 1995 when I transferred out are now an issue in my ability to qualify for the aid I have been approved for.  We’ll see what happens.  I’m not backing out the program just yet, I’ll wait and see.  If I have to wait or look into another program, so be it.  God will keep it all in perspective for me.

There’s a lot of things on my mind, some directly affecting my family, but I will postpone discussing them.  Once there is more to talk about, I will.  I pray, I pray some more.  I turn all my issues and concerns over to Christ and let Him handle it.  I’m so grateful for my God.  So thankful to have salvation; thankful that I have been randsomed.  My life is blessed.  I do not yearn for more.  I will always yearn to be better; to be as much in Christ as possible. 

 

“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord.  Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behaviour in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.” 1 Peter 3:15-16

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

    Jenny

 

 

No comments: