Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yikes!!

I did it again.  Did I not say a multitude of posts back that I was going to make a concerted effort to be diligent and consistent with my blogging??  Well, please forgive me.  Read on as I am sure to have a lot to say J
First, let me say how happy I am at Christ Fellowship.  I have been led to more knowledge and growth than I have had in the last 3 years of my own attempt at bible study.  We are embarking on our second study this year, Movement to Multiply Our Heart which I am so excited to start!  I found myself peeking through the study guide (which I purchased the day they became available) and wanting to reference scripture.  I took a deep breath and CLOSED IT.  There is a process.  A week of daily study (Monday thru Friday), reviewed on Sunday through Sermon and then revisited and discussed in Life Group on Sunday afternoon.  It’s a perfect setup to a threefold of learning.  I can then go out and cover the 4th part of the cross, my community.   My LG is led by my friends and neighbors (of 4 years) the Stubbs.  They are an awesome family!!
Work is great!  I’m back to my part time hours and now I feel like I’m not there enough. What! You say.  Yea, call me crazy, but I kind of miss my overtime hours.  It was a great time for me.  A great feeling of accomplishment and self worth.  But, Josh is happy to have me home as are the kids.  I’ve pretty much left it in his hands as to whether or not I pick up shifts on the extra week day that is free.  His hours and lessons are getting busy so he needs that extra day to study, golf and schedule extra lessons.  Keara responded with, “I don’t want you to work at all, mommy!”.  Well, dear daughter, we do have to eat.  At least Ian does.
We also had a long discussion of every aspect of my interest in a management position, and after much prayer and contemplation, decided together that this in not the right time.  God has other plans.  I have other desires that would not be able to come to fruition if I take on a full-time position.  Now I just await the blessing from my dh that I can start on my BSN and then bridge to my MSN.  Advanced Practice…here I come!
Ian’s 1999 Kia Sportage is nothing short of a headache this week.  I finally get the title transferred, the registration done and the darn thing won’t pass inspection!!!  The check engine light bulb had been removed and put in the glove box (pre our ownership) and now it won’t turn off.  So we are now 1 replaced sensor into this and praying it will pass the next attempt.  Which we can do in 50 miles. Yep. We have to waste gas to try to get it passed.  Poor kid, he just wants to drive and I want him to drive!!!
Well, my neck is tense, I’m getting tired and the dryer buzzer is going off.  I have my first weigh-in tomorrow for Weight Watchers which I am doing through work.  Wish me luck.  Just a mere 2 lbs of it at least!!

In Him, Forever Blessed...
    Jenny



1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

Whew, girl, my head is spinning! You are as crazy as me ;) I'm excited to hear about your Bible study-sounds intersting. I'm also glad you are home more as we both know how quickly the time flies! love ya