Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Melancholy

Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name….

 

Funny…I had this song stuck in my head and when I plugged my phone in to listen to Pandora, it’s the song that came on J I love the chorus “Every blessing you pour out I’ll turn back to praise, when the darkness closes in lord, still I will say BLESSED BE YOUR NAME!!! “  It truly encompasses every time we should look up in faith, open our heart and praise Him.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  In everything we do.  Every single aspect of our life is connected to God.  Let’s embrace every moment we are given.

I worry.  I know I shouldn’t.  It’s all in the hands of Christ.  But if I didn’t, would it mean I didn’t love him?  Josh.  Oddly, I think his non-belief is teaching me to love in the moment.  See, I have a tendency to look a bit to far into the future and try to figure out how I will react to different situations.  To prepare myself. For death, disability, illness, you name it.  Lately, though, I am realizing that no matter what, God will get me through it and I can not change what is to come nor can I protect myself.  So rather than worry about Josh’s salvation, I am just loving him.  I’m delighting in every moment I have with him (with the occasional marital mishap, of course!)

The Kia still isn’t fixed. UGH!!!!  I called this morning (day 2 at the shop) and it’s “still up in the air, trying to figure out the problem”. Patience, Jenny and Ian, patience.  Stupid check engine light.

Good news!  Ian landed his first real job.  Yea!!  He was hired as a host at La Hacienda Ranch and he is very excited J  I love the boy.  He is such and awesome son, brother, friend and loyal to everyone he cares about.  I still haven’t met McKenna.  Maybe in time.  I’m split on his decision to step down from Varsity football next year.  Part of me really wants him to play.  He’s a starter for pete sake!! But I know it’s his decision to make.  Coach H says they have until August 1 to convince him otherwise.  I pray for Ian to be following Gods intended path for him.

I’m waiting on my transcripts.  The plan is to start the bridge program to my BSN in August.  I figure if I wait until the start of the school year, I will only have the baby home during the day, and if I have to get a sitter it will be easier.  Need the quite to work on those dang papers!!

 

Well…another busy day tomorrow.  Can’t wait to see how God uses me J

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

    Jenny

 

 

No comments: