Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The last of the First's

Yesterday was a bitter sweet day.  Our dearest Ashlynn Sterling turned 1!  She is our youngest and most likely our last so we savored the family time enjoying her, knowing this would be the last 1st birthday we celebrate. 
                Ashlynn came along at a time when we weren’t quite sure how we would manage another child.  Finances were tight, putting it in the brightest of lights, and our home is only 3 bedrooms.  Let’s just say there was a lot of stress between me and my dh, and had I not had the faith in my Lord and Saviour, probably would be a lot of resentment as well.  But I looked up and told God that in all times and reason, He has a plan.  Despite my hubby’s lack of confidence that “things will work out”, I persisted in prayer and faith.  And He has never let me down!! 
                She has been nothing short of a blessing to our family J  I look back and realize just how much stronger my marriage is, how much more involved daddy is with the kids and more present in our family life in general.  His patience has grown and he loves her beyond any description.  Our home life is not as crazy as you would think, but I owe that to my hubby’s persistence with routine. Financially, crazy enough, things are better!  We are blessed in the fact that we do not use daycare/childcare.  I work my 2 days a week and Josh is home those days.  He’s a great dad and “house husband” on those days, I am so blessed!  Don’t get me wrong, there is the occasional time when we utilize a home child care, and she is absolutely wonderful with the kids!!  Dana, you are a God send!
                Ashlynn has taught us that love and faith will overcome any obstacle.  She has a loving personality, is LOUD, easy-going, and smart.  She knows how to get everyone else to do it for her.  Including walking.  She could walk, if she thought no one would carry her instead!  She has the stubbornness of a mule when it suits, but when nap/bedtime role around, there is nothing sweeter than seeing her curl up with her blankie, stick her thumb in her mouth and fall asleep.  Ashlynn ,we love you and we are so blessed that God chose us to be your loving parents.



In Him, Forever Blessed...
    Jenny



No comments: