Saturday, February 26, 2011

Loss, Life and Love

So many things have been happening in my life lately.  It has taken a lot of intense focus on some pretty intense prayer to hear the whisper of what my God is wanting of me.  I’m not sure why, and it probably isn’t for me to know, but 2 wonderfully spirited men made there way to heaven a little “early” this week. 

               

Vern was the Security Officer who manned the front entrance to Heritage Ranch Golf and Country Club.  Now, that may sound like someone who was is the background, but Vern was a stand-out.  He was a tall man, very friendly and always had nice words for everyone.  He always ended his conversation with you, no matter how short, with “and you have a blessed  day!”.  The girls always made sure to talk with him as he made a point to recognize them in the way back of the mini-van.  Vern, you left an impression and I am so grateful that you left this world with Christ in your heart.  You are now reaping the rewards God our Father promises us! (He was only 54)

                Then there is Dr. Ladi Haroona.  What a phenomenal Pulmonologist/CC Intensivist with this awe-inspiring smile!  He was a doctor who not only uplifted you in a professional sense, somehow he managed to know little details about your life and ask you about them when he saw you.  Even if it was only about your children (and how he knew how many/ages is beyond me!).  He touched the lives of his patients with his positive and uplifting attitude and was loved by the nursing and RT staff for his approachability and willingness to listen.  Dr. Haroona, may your legacy live on.  (He was only 48)

               

I know I have spoken of it before, but I have had this strong urge to get my hands dirty and work with my old home base of Cardiac ICU in empowering them to reach the goals and become all they want to be.  It’s a strong emotion that has been stirring in me, and I wondered if some of it was guilt for the choice of recent manager they have been frustrated with.  Whether current changes are God’s way of opening a door for me or His way of facilitating what my prayers have been, I hear ya and I’ve done a lot of soul searching.  I  have spoken with a few real mentors I have, more importantly with my husband, and we looked at every angle.  We discussed the financial impact, the family impact, the professional impact, the impact on our relationship, the pro’s and con’s of each impact, and the educational goals for both he and I.  And did I mention a lot of PRAYER?!  I have come to a decision and I feel very confident that it is the best decision.  I am at ease with my choice, and I know that is God’s way of letting me know it’s the right decision.

 

I’m looking forward to spring.  I love the season of renewal, rebirth and new life.  I love that my children celebrate their birthdays in or near the season.  Keara and Ashlynn were born within a week of Easter!! How awesome to enter this world during the time that Christ was giving of himself for us!  I love my family J

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

    Jenny

 

 

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I need to talk to you in person!

Kelly, Jay, Kaitlyn & Chloe said...

Oh Jenny, those were just beautiful things you said about Dr Haroona. You described him perfectly. He was a great man.

JEJE LAYE said...

Dr Ladi Haroona was my beloved brother, we missed him so much in the family. Thank you Jenny, for all the beautiful words you wrote about him. He was a rare gem.