Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Faith and Reassurance


It amazed me just how many of my girlfriends have suffered through the same loss as we did.  It amazed me even more how they seem to step out of the shadows to express their love and support.  It’s been 7 days now since the start of our miscarriage, 5 days since the loss.  I am so grateful for my faith in Jesus Christ.  By holding firm to that faith, relying on prayer and scripture and the sound truth that God has a purpose, I feel completely at peace with our loss.   
Josh has been my rock.  He totally stepped up and took over everything from the start.  As any man, he wasn’t sure what to do for me.  Just in how he loved and cared for me was more than I could ask for.  His appreciation for the physical and emotional toll this took was beyond anything he has shown before and I am so grateful for him.  Just like with each child, there has been a small compassionate change in him with this.  I couldn’t imagine living this life with anyone else.  Thank you honey, for everything 
I lost my step-dad at 24, he was 51 and passed  June 1999, 6 months before my graduation from nursing school.  He had given his life to Christ before he died. In late 2000, I had a dream in which I firmly believe his spirit visited me.  His last words to me in my dream were, “Jenny, I feel better now than I ever have in my life”.  That gave me peace that he was in heaven and healed.  Well, I had a dream Thursday night (the day I miscarried) and at first I thought it was about my Uncle (his brother) but I that morning I started to realize it was Jim’s spirit.  He and I were sitting on a leather sectional couch in a sunken living room.  It happened quite quickly but one moment I was on the opposite end, then he said move closer and I was laying next to him while he was in the recliner part.  All of a sudden, I was being held and cradled by him.  I never saw his face, but I felt his presence and knew it was him.  It left me reassured that he was holding and loving our lost baby.  
I truly appreciate all the kind words and condolences from those who supported our pregnancy.  I’m not sure what we will do going forward, but I think we will leave whatever happens to fate.  God has a plan and a purpose; I look forward to living that out.  I love my family and I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have 4 beautiful children and a strong marriage.  I will cherish them all each day.  
Happiness keeps you sweet.
Trials keep you strong. 
Sorrows keep you human. 
Failures keep you humble. 
And God keeps you going.

Her Children arise and call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her
Proverbs 21:38

In Him,Forever Blessed~
Jenny

No comments: