Monday, January 30, 2012

Times Are Changing...

We. Are. Blessed. I feel that at 37 my life, marriage, family and career are at their prime.  I am so content, so joyful in all that I am and all that we have.  I am finding that my walk with Christ is at a new level; I am delving into scripture on a whole new plane and I love it!  My devotional time is so much more meaningful, my prayer time is not a “time” but throughout my entire day.  My focus on all the positive and negative things in my life are with a Gods-eye view.  How awesome is my God!!

 

I’m still coming to grips that in 4 months my first born will be a High School Graduate.  I can see him walking into his kinder class, so excited to be in “big school”.  It’s been a journey, but Wow! What a journey it’s been.  He is amazing and we are so proud of Ian.

 

Josh and I made a decision over last summer that we would forgo the birth control and let nature (God in my eyes) take its course.  We didn’t really say anything to our family knowing it would not be taken very kindly.  We are fully aware of the worldly view of large families, of how our own family sees us as “sad”.  However, they feel this way based on a materialistic view of how life should be lived.  What they fail to realize is that despite the fact that we don’t own an expensive or large home, no boat, don’t travel frequently or eat out 7 days a week that we are blessed beyond measure.  We are almost completely debt free and both agree that “things” don’t make one happy.  We have a marriage that has strengthened over the last 7 years, the last 2 exponentially.  We agree on our priorities. We have 4 children that are, so far, quite loving, smart and socially well mannered and we work hard to raise them as a team.  Children are our legacy; when Josh and I are gone, our children will be our living example.  So over September and October, there was a nervous fear vs. excitement vs. disappointment but I’m not sure who was what!?  But a month ago, we had the sweet realization that we are being entrusted with another life, our 5th.  To be chosen again for this most important role is nothing short of humbling.  We welcome this new child with excitement and anticipation. 

 

You see, God provides.  He will never forsake any of his faithful followers.  Josh may not be a believer, but I like to think I’m committed to being obedient and faithful enough, witnessing enough, that with blind faith he will come to see the Truth one day.  I’m also realistic enough to know that it is between Josh and God, not me and Josh. I see such a gentle change in him with each baby that comes.  He is a wonderful husband; a supportive, caring, loving and increasingly devoted husband. We work hard on our marriage.  It’s a constant change in the checks and balances, one always pulling more weight than the other at any given time.  But we are a super-fantastic team!!  So for all of those out there that will frown upon our ever-growing family or pity our modest lifestyle…I will pray earnestly for you.  I will pray that the Lord will convict and humble you, that you will come to see and feel Christ’s unending and ever faithful love. Our Heavenly Father loves unconditionally. 

 

In Him,Forever Blessed~

Jenny

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, are you saying what I think you're saying?