Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm Amazed

I took a step outside of my comfort zone today.  I’m not a social butterfly by any means, those who know me understand it’s just how I am.  I am a fun-loving girl, but I don’t venture out to make friends. So I stuck to my guns and went to the BSF introduction class today at Cottonwood Creek Baptist.  WOW!! It was beyond anything I could have expected!  First, I felt welcome and comfortable.  None of us “newbies” were made to feel uncomfortable or put on the spot.

It was such an emotional experience for me.  Not only did the lecture speak to me, for the first time ever I felt like I was truly meditating on the word.  I was reading and feeling the Scripture in a way that I have longed for.  I am able to review and relive the word throughout the week, applying it differently each day, with each prayer. It has me craving more, excited to journey into a new mission with Christ leading the way and following me at the same time.

I now just have to wait for the session leader to prayerfully put the new registrants into their groups and then the group leader will call me so it may be a few weeks.  In the meantime, I’ll pray for those considering my place within a group.

Side note…Josh is excited for me J

 

In Him,Forever Blessed~

Jenny

 

1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

Cool!!!!!!!! I'm wishing I was going with you. I want to do that too someday. Praying for Josh.