Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yesterday

I have come to realize that people come and go out of our lives for different reasons and purposes. Sometimes they are not even part of your life, but the life of someone you come to know. Then you find yourselft wanting to be sure to "check in" on these people once in a while. I know....I talk confusion. Anyways, Josh has a "friend" that he has chosen to distance himself from a few years ago. I honor that decision because when he did, it was a time that the relationship was unhealthy for both parties and our marriage was suffering from some social decisions.

Well, over the past few years I would on occasion call Kristy or send an email to see how she and Adam were doing, check in on the kids. They have 3 daughters who are now 3 1/2 (twins) and 2 yrs old. I pray for them, as I do all of my friends and family. Now, I don't have a prayer list that I go off of, I just pray for people as they cross my mind. I find it more personal when I pray that way, rather than utilizing a To-Do list as if it is a chore.

Me, Ian, Abby and Keara met up with the Lamb's yesterday for a play-date. The girls had a wonderful time and played very well together!! It was cute to see all 5 girls playing and sharing :) Ian spent a little time with Adam playing guitars....Adam would play in his sleep if he could learn how and Ian needed some time with a well experienced guitarist. Ian enjoys playing with older people who respect music. He was strumming along with Eric Clapton on a DVD. He's amazing (Ian).

I had some time to talk with Kris and how God is blessing their lives. It seems that she has come to accept some "quirks" about her husband (as I have mine) and let go of the control, making a big difference and releasing a burden. They are in a better place financially, in a bigger home and both enjoying their jobs and better pay. I am happy for them!! Praise God for his blessings when we are obedient!! I hope to meet up regularly, at intervals.

Sometimes we need to space ourselves from people for just the shear fact of growing and maturing. Sometimes it's a one time deal, and when the job is done....we move on. Then there are times where one may realize that reason for the initial seperation wasn't due to one person's behavior, but for you to reflect that your behavior was just the same....and continues to be the same.

I will continue to pray for them, pray for blessings on their family and hopefully have occasional get-togethers with the children. We had a very nice time and I am glad to still be an influence in their lives.

"The Lord reigns forever...Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsken those who seek you." Ps 8:7,10








No comments: