Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Update

We have had so much fun!! I have tried to keep the kids somewhat busy, but that is very hard to do when the temperature is over 100 degrees and your youngest child is somewhat allergic to the sun :( With the Lord's blessing we were able to spend a full 6 hours at Hawaiian Falls with the Johnston's! It was 91 out, overcast and perfect for little Keara. She and Abby spent the whole time climbing all the way to the top and sliding down the longest slides....eventhough Keara was a smidgin' bit under the height requirement. She knows no fear!!

The 4th of July was fun!! Hot, but fun. Josh and I took Ian, Abby and Keara to the Ranger's game and watched the fireworks afterwards. I must say, not the long show that Arlington is know for, but a great time as a family and memories were made.

Yesterday I took them all to Skate Town in Grapevine and we spent 2 hours learning to roller skate, Keara yet again being the daredevil and Abby requiring a little bit of instruction. By the time we left they were both worn out and Ian was Mr. Skill's on the Rink. ;)

I'm having some issues with the main computer, so unfortunately I am unable to post any pictures :( I have been collecting them on the memory card an will upload them as soon as I can. I know many of you would like to see updated pictures of the kids!! I also dug up (with the help of Josh) another flower bed in the backyard...thanks to my mom who gave me her birdbathe so now I have my own "bed and breakfast" for the birdies!! Abby and Keara love it...Ian isn't all too interested. As I expected....he is almost 16!!

I start a new position at work the week of the 19th....CV Clinician. It is a role I have admired since its inception in 2003. I finally came to myself in regards to my knowledge base, experience and confidence and applied. 11 days after the interview I was offered the position!! I will dearly miss my CVICU, and hope to maintain a good relationship with ALL of them and work with them on a regular basis. They are all part of who I am and my experiences.

No comments: