Monday, September 1, 2008

Who Would Have Thought?

So here we are, in the middle of walmart (well hell, that right there says it all!) doing our grocery shopping when Ian decides he wants to look at shoes. "Umm...Okay, here?" (I swear that kid goes from one extreme to the other) We just talked about Journey's, now he wants to look in Wally World. Whatever. I look down the aisle and he begins running up and down the other end as if he has to find the bathroom QUICK. I'm thinking, "what the heck is he looking for?" That's when I hear it...."Hey mom!! I found them, and they fit!" to which I reply...."Let me see them". My next statement is "Are you kidding me!?" I so badly want to start laughing but he is being dead serious as I can tell by his expression of joy. All I can think of is, "wow, my life has come full circle and I am shopping with Grandpa Templar". Well, for those of you with teenagers you have probably seen the new fad. Yep, welcome back Mr. Rogers. Vans has officially brought back the slip on loafer. As Ian stood there, admiring his new found shoe, it took every ounce of refrain that I had to not point and laugh. I smiled graciously and said, "sure, for $9.97 I'd buy you two pair". Of course, as we round the bend knowing I have just made my 14 year old happy, he says "You know that guy Mr. Rogers? He used to wear these." Thanks Ian. You sure do know how to make me feel youthful. "You want to go look for a nice zip up sweater to go with those?"

No comments: