Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our New Garden Friend


Well, look what we have here! As I meander to my small veggie garden today, I notice that one of my tomato plants looked-shall we say-thin? I mean, come on, just the other day is was bushy and fruitful. Today, no. It was nothing more than a green stalk. With a big fat Tomato Horn Worm just plumping himself up for a bit of his hibernation. So needless to say, I pulled up all of my tomato plants and began the dreadful tilling being sure to rid my garden of every last little worm I can find. For how long I do this is left to be discovered. My question is "will my cucs be affected?". Oh, and those wonderful wasp stings I suffered on Saturday... GO AND EAT THE WORMS!!! At least now we know where that gigantic moth in the garage came from. Josh thought it was a monarch butterfly...

No comments: