Sunday, September 21, 2008

Long Lost Friend

I am so excited!! After online searching off and on for the last 3.5 years, I have finally found my dearest best friend Christine "Red" Downing. Now, that isn't here current last name, just the one that is most notable to me. She'll probably kill me if she sees that I posted her undesirable nickname, but it's better than "beaner" (that would have been mine...I still use jenibean). We are planning on meeting up on Tuesday and now I can't wait!!
Life passes us by so quickly and we sometimes forget just how important people are to us until we can't see them. So much has happended in our lives and there are times I should have been there for her, but wasn't. Now I know she doesn't hold that against me, I just think I would have done her a lot of good to be in her life at that time. But God has a plan, and sometimes that means that I don't get to make the rules. Pooey. I want to . But we all know that friends come and go at times in our lives that God sees fit, times that we need them and they need us. Then we have to be reminded of how sweet those times were and go through life without that special person (or people). Lucky for us we are now, once again, going to rule the world together. Here's to a cold Dr. Pepper, cheetos and bean dip. I love you Christine!!!

No comments: