Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Herbs de Provence

                Hmm.  It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?  Well, life gets a wee-bit busy, stressful and all too consuming.  Next thing I know, a month has gone by!  I’d like to say I have pictures of what we have been doing, but they are on my camera and this computer takes too long for me to upload them.  So I will wait, and one day I will post just pictures J

                Keara is registered for kindergarten!!  Oh, my, what ever will I do?? (he, he)  I still can’t get over the fact that she is 5 years old!  I feel that because of her health issues it has been so much longer, yet not that long at all.  She has come so far in her treatments.  From the improvements in her severe eczema to being a full year of monthly immunotherapy for her allergies.  Even though we are now adding a daily inhaler for asthma, she is already made improvements with that.  God is GOOD!

                And speaking of God, I’m amazed at how He works!  I have a friend who I’ll call “Pammy” (wink, wink girlfriend).  I met “Pammy” about 15 years ago, I think, when she was a young rebellious little whipper-snapper through my friend Rachael.  Well, let me just say that I used to think it was a fairly immature friendship they had.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Rachael, but at the time I didn’t think it was the leadership/mentoring that “Pammy” needed.  Well, flash forward to today and I am amazed at what an intelligent, funny and mature woman she has grown into!  She has overcome so many obstacles to find true love, raise 2 beautiful girls and reach her goals.  So it was with a sad heart that I have been following the progress of their youngest princess who will have a marathon of a journey to live through with her recent diagnosis of Delayed Myelination. She essentially has speech and gross/fine motor delays related to a lack of insulation on the nerve paths in her brain due to her prematurity.  Occasional seizure like activity because of the “frayed live wire”, but healthy and progressing otherwise.  How awesome that God would put this loving sweet girl into a family who is not only intellectually capable of handling this, but financially and spiritually rich.  “Pammy” has her Masters degree in these types of childhood developmental delays, they have a strong knit family with tight connections, and what a phenomenally strong marriage with a united front! I look forward to each chapter that God writes for them and looking back at how much this enriches their lives. 

                Well, I’m officially a “previously-owned” College Student! UTA is taking me back, just waiting for my official acceptance into the Academic Partnership RN-BSN program.  I still can’t fathom why I’m doing this, but I know it’s time which means it is God speaking and doing.  Praise Him!  August 15th will be my start date J 

                Here is a little something that has been on my mind lately: Why is it that we have a  underfunded Foster Care System, children with missed meals in school, a high homeless rate, 3rd world countries without clean water and basic sewer systems but we can run commercials to feed animals high-end cuts of meat, deliver there “daily” medications, have high-class spa centers for dogs/cats, and people spend thousands of dollars on medical care for ANIMALS???????  I mean, seriously people, get a God-centered grip!!!! You should all be ASHAMED at the fact that you are so frivolous with money, so un-empathetic as to put a damn animal before the needs of a child or another human being.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my Coral kitty, but if it meant that I could save one life of a human by putting her to sleep….then night-night kitty. 

 

“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:16-19)

 

In Him, Forever Blessed...

    Jenny

 

 

No comments: