Thursday, September 3, 2009

Anew

What a mad rush of a last week it has been! I feel like my cup is just about empty at this point. When was the last time I made it to church? Don't get me wrong, church is not the only place that Jesus reveals himself, but being around friends that are spiritually supportive and hearing the Bible taught to you on such a day-to-day survival basis is so refreshing and fulfilling!!! My August weekend's have come to an end and this coming Sunday I will be back in service, 5th row, right side :)



We found out Sunday August 16th that I'm pregnant (again). It wasn't the usual jump-for-joy and hurry-up-and-call-the-family kind of reaction. There was anger and frustration to start off with, my feelings of being a let-down, and then having to answer a million questions which kept including "how are we going to afford another child". There were a few things said that can't be taken back, but can be forgiven. Well, the questions of the worldly nature came from my non-believer husband. Me, I have faith that all will work out and this is now God's timing. We had not ruled out another child, just felt that now was not the best timing (isn't that normally how it goes?). 1. Ian in High School 2. Josh starting the PGM program 3. 3 bedroom house. Did I mention the 3 bedroom house? Not that we need a bigger house, but an extra closet for the kiddo would be nice! But as I said, all will work out and our needs will be met.

Now I am excited and Josh is coming around and has shown support to me and our child. I have to take the vitamins that, in his words "will make it a boy". I only wish it was that easy!! He just doesn't like to hear that the sex is determined the moment of fertilization. That was his job, not mine :) And for those few people thinking this...NO. I did NOT "trick" Josh into another child. I am a bit more grown up than that and I respect my husband and our marriage. Surprise! These things happen in a married relationship where no one is "sterilized"!!

Time to get started on my day. I actually slept a bit and now I need to check out Libby's blog on how there trip to Korea is fairing. They are picking up the newest member of their family, Hudson. I am so thrilled beyond words for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward" Psalm 127:3


2 comments:

amy lou said...

congratulations jenny.. I am SO happy for you guys.... the Lord is So Good.. May the Lord give you an extra measure of His Grace and Strength at this awesome time..
In Him.. Amy:o)

The Chrest Family said...

I love that verse! It is on my blog title!