Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Morning

I feel like I finally had a decent nights sleep! That would explain the rising at 0445 to make my dh breakfast, and then the choice to stay up and get started on my day. A perfect time for scripture reading while the sun is just beginning to crest on the horizon. It's like God breathing a clean, fresh breathe over the earth to cleanse us all and renew our spirits. The crisp morning air, despite how thick and nasty it will be by lunch time.

I realize His timing is everything. We must have faith that all things happen in harmony with His plan. I can only accept what He sends, know that it can be worked through and will have such great rewards when it is all said and done :-) How different my life is when I accept His plan and give up my own desire to control my life. It is not my life. It is His life. I am here to fulfill His Word and commandment. It's a serene calmness and peace that one has when one turns his/her life over to Christ Jesus. I find that I don't get so worked up about what most people think are negative situations, or crises. I don't worry as much. Don't get me wrong, I worry by nature. I have just learned that the Lord does not want me to "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Mt 11:29

It's still a struggle for me at times. There seems to be so much negativity in our home that I become drained trying to maintain peace and balance. If I let the negative take the power, then all will go wrong. Life and Relationships. I renew myself with His word, church family and close friends who walk in Christ. They give me strength and have an understanding that my non-believer friends and family do not. I look out upon my family that does not have a personal relationship with Jesus and think, "you have no idea what you are missing out on, let me show you, come walk with me!! Come and see how wonderful life can REALLY be!!" But it is not I that will lead them, but Him. I only pray I can be an example for Him and continue to grow in my own relationship.

Life works out. It really does. This I know. I appreciate all my friends and family that have been so supportive over the years, I thank God for all the blessings in my life and for those yet to come!! May His love continue to shine down on my family and His arms encircle us in His love.

2 comments:

Psalm139verse14 said...

You okay? I love ya girl! Hugs and prayers for peace and joy.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

You contacted me about something entirely different but I felt compelled to checkout your blog since it was in your signature.

Reading your blog was like seeing my own heart poured out on paper. It's amazing how two people that have never met can be so similar. You, however, are much more articulate than I. Thank you so much for putting into words your heart (and mine) and faithfully demonstrating your love for our lord, Christ Jesus.

I pray you continue to receive His mercy and abundant blessings. You have but to ask.

With love in Christ,

Pam