Friday, October 3, 2008

My September Endings....

Where to begin. Or begin? Anyways, where in the world has this year gone?? I swear it was just yesterday that we were starting 2008 and now Christmas is around the corner. I hate the holiday time of year for the sheer fact that shopping and materialism are the evil in the air. They become the forefront of most people's agenda and the spirit of the season is overlooked by many. So sad.

Well, I survived my first born transcending into a high-schooler. The dance. He had a great time, looked great, and behaved himself (for all I know). He didn't take a date saying he didn't want to have to "entertain someone". Smart kid. Did you know that there are Afterparties for 9th graders? I mean, come on!! What are these parents thinking?? The kids are all of 14 years old. Going to IHOP with some parents is one thing, going to a house party is another. A parent can only pray and then leave the rest in God's hands.

good looking kid, ain't he?

Josh decided (after a big argument about Keara's skin and the carpet involvment...I accept my fair share of the responsibility) to tear up the living room and hall carpet...himself. It took him 5.5 hours and I honestly did not take him seriously when he said, "Fine. I'll just rip it up tomorrow." My bad!! Never underestimate a Capricorn. Never back a Cavender into the corner. Lesson learned. Duly noted honey!





So here I sit, in my cement floor home waiting for the one estimate that is most reasonable. We are in no rush to get the flooring done. I would like it done by halloween but we are being reasonable, fiscal, and if that means a bit of our own sweat and blood...it will be good for us. This might be a blessing in disguise? It sure would make Josh and I work together on a mutual project for the first time :)

I think the blue walls could be a project, too. Drum on Drummer.She's got some skill!!!

No comments: