Monday, October 31, 2011

Just a Post

What a week this has been. We had the family over last Sunday (23rd) for a big lasagna dinner, which Josh made…Yummy!! It was nice to have everyone together, I miss family meals.  They were fairly routine when I was growing up, but once we moved to Texas we didn’t have any family around.  My in-laws were in town babysitting my neice and nephew, so that made it extra special J
Josh went to his best friends house later that night to watch the Ranger’s game, and while coming home, had an accident that resulted in a cracked transmission and the car was totaled out. *sigh*.  Yes, he is alright, other than completely stressed about the situation (and I’m praying him through it).  I’m still unsure about it all.  It has a surreal feel to it since I’ve yet to see the car, and obviously never will.  We are currently in the process of researching/looking for a new one.  That is the part that turns our stomach as the cars are paid off and now we will have another car payment. Ugh. I am however, grateful that we will pretty much be in the same financial state since 2 more debts will be paid this month which carry a combined total monthly payment equal to what we hope to have as a car payment J So thank you for no additional increase in outflow.
I am very grateful and thankful to my awesome friend Jen who is carpooling both ways while we live with one vehicle. She rocks!!
I have realized as of late that I do not have a large following within my family when it comes to Christianity.  My “step father” Rick is a strong rock of faith.  I can always count on him for prayer and support.  Everyone is pretty nonchalant or non believing. One can only pray that through action and example, each will come to accept Christ as their personal savior.  My life is forever changed because of Christ, and I can’t begin to tell you how much better it is!! That is, unless you ask me J  
Homeschooling has weighed heavy on my mind.  Each morning when I have to get the girls up at 0630 and then do homework at 3 I wonder “why?”.  I mean, is 7 hours in public school not enough time to accomplish what they need to?  I could facilitate a better learning environment in half that time.  Not instruct them in what the state is mandating, but foster their learning.  Big difference. Huge.

You are more than choices that you’ve made
you are more than sum of your past mistakes
you are more than problems you create
you’ve been remade.
‘Cause this is not about what you’ve done, but whats been done for you.
This is not about where you’ve been, but where your brokenness brings you to.
This is not about what you build, but what He built to forgive you
And what He built to make you know

In Him,Forever Blessed~
Jenny

No comments: