Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Few Tidbits

My dad recently pointed out that I have not posted a blog update in quite some time...and boy is he always right! (brownie points, right??)  I guess you can say that life with 4 kids still at home is downright crazy busy, and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Summertime means long playful days, trips to the waterpark, vacation, VBS, snacks more than meals, and nights hanging with friends.  Being married to a Golf Pro it also means "single parent summer", the part we all hate.  Josh has a waiting list for lessons and sessions.  There are tournaments, on average, 5 per week that he coordinates and leads.  Not to mention his regular shift hours in the pro shop.  This basically means he is gone about 12 hours a day, sometimes longer, and 5-6 days a week.  His only "days off" are for my shifts at the hospital...so at least the kids get him for that time!  The kids understand his work and all that he does, so there is no questioning of, "what is daddy doing?".  SO to rectify the fact he and I are total strangers during the warm weather months of Texas (April-Oct) I'm working on retaining a sitter for one night a week, even if we just go sit in a parking lot somewhere.  We are consistent about the kids all being in bed by 8 so we can catch up in the evening, but I think we need out of the house (further than the patio or front porch).  I'll update later on how this works out.

I'm still working on gaining the support to homeschool Keara next year.  She has voiced a desire to and I really want the opportunity to work with her, just need to get daddy on the same page.  I'm planning on not registering Ashlynn until 1st grade (Kinder is not required in Tx) since she is miss smarty pants and doing a bit more than the others did at 4.  This all leads me to re evaluating my own career path and where I feel most drawn to spiritually.  There is a lot of politics going on in my division.  I know, there are issues everywhere, but understand I've been in the same place for going on 13 yrs and it has never been this way.  I'm so disappointed in my director and decisions/changes that have been made.  Not to mention the ongoing interpersonal issues with one of my co workers.  I will only say she is agnostic and self centered.  I pray for her, pray for her healing, and pray for her to see that fulfilling her own needs/desires will lead to only momentary happiness and ruined relationships.  I'm currently researching different options that will not only benefit me professionally but personally for my family as well.  I'll keep you posted...


No comments: