Friday, November 23, 2012

Lucky Number 8

Today we celebrate 8 years of wedded “bliss”.  I use that term in a light-hearted way because anyone who is biblically committed to their marriage knows the ups and downs, trials and turmoil’s, arguments and fights  and many roadblocks that come with the journey of marriage. 

A smile gently comes across my face when I think back to our engagement and wedding day.  It wasn’t the usual planned event most women choose to have; it started out that way, but it ended with a much smaller ceremony on a Tuesday. I am so grateful for that day.  It poured like a tsunami for 2 hours prior to our ceremony time.  Just as we pulled into the parking lot, the skies cleared and a rainbow appeared.  As I look back on that, having the scripture knowledge I do now, it is a reminder that no matter what trials are before us, His love and presence will always be there.  God  showed himself to us that day, regardless of where we both were in our relationship with him.

We have had so many ups and downs.  In the first 2 years of our marriage we had: 3 job layoffs, 2 children and a new house.  Talk about a test of one’s strength and perseverance alone and as a united couple.  Through all of it, we made sure we both remembered the vows of commitment we made to each other.  Sure, there were times each of us was ready to walk…but we didn’t.

I am so proud of the husband and father Josh has come to be.  I have watched him grow in himself and in his children, the love he has for them is beyond amazing.  He came along in Ian’s life at a pivotal transition point, and the 2 of them are no less a father/son that if they were blood related.  The bond is stronger than that. Josh has also been able to pursue his dreams, albeit not the fullest…yet.  I am proud of the example he has set in that when you go after your dream, you leave no regrets.  I am thankful to him for allowing me, and supporting me, in being a [most of the time] stay at home mom.  Working part time has blessed us in many ways, and he is a tremendous father to our kids when I am away.  I never imagined that he would be as nurturing as he is with them…he has surpassed my expectations!  I never have to worry about the kids when I’m away, he’s got it all under control.

I love the relationship we have grown together.  I look forward to the life experiences we have in the years to come.  Each “trial” we have encountered and conquered has brought us closer together, stronger together and reminds us that we are better together. We balance each other in so many great ways.   I love you, Josh.  A deep, intense and respected love.  I hope my prayers for you continue to grow, uplift and support you.  Thank you, not only for your love but for the beautiful family we have and for choosing to live this life with me.

In Him,Forever Blessed~

Jenny

 

 

1 comment:

Psalm139verse14 said...

I remember when you guys were dating!! Happy 8th Anniversary sweet friend.