Saturday, December 17, 2011

Another save!


I haven’t posted my shopping endeavors in a while, and last night I was so stinkin’ excited I almost did it at 0100 this morning!!  I haven’t seem to have a real good shopping trip these last few months.  Seems that all the sales have dwindled, coupons are a bit more scarce and selective (despite having 3-4 sets of weekly copies) but it could be the time of the year as well.  I know some of you think I’m crazy for doing it, say you don’t have the time or patience but when you have a family of 6+ and you choose to have a parent home at all times, then you find ways to save money.  Remember, I’m not an “Extreme Couponer”…just a mom looking to save about 50% of her weekly total in loyalty and coupon savings.  I do my best to keep about a 3 month supply of non-perishables, cleaning and hygiene products; more like 6-12mo! I also have money left over to get the staples mild/bread/eggs and fresh produce. So here is how I did:

21           boxes of cereal  (we go through a lot)
                                (4) Honey nut cheerios
                                (5) Cinnamon toast crunch
                                (3) Fruity pebbles
                                (3) Cocoa pebbles
                                (6) Honey Bunches of oats
2             Ritz Bits
2             Wheat Thins Chips
2             Wolfe Brand Chili (mmm…Frito pie!!)
3              2-liter store brand pop
4             Pasta Roni
3              Nestle Hot Cocoa
2             Green Giant Veggie Steamers
3              Jose Ole frozen snack
3              POM drinks ($0.99)
2             32 oz International Delight creamers
4.5#      beef ($1.08/lb)
3#          chicken thighs ($0.49/lb)
3              32 load Tide Detergent
1              Clorox bleach
2             Glad freezer bags
2             Glad storage bags
2             Thera-flu ($0.99 ea)
1              Triaminic children’s pain reliever ($0.99)
4             Crest Complete Whitening ($0.29)
2             Skintimate Shave gel
2             Axe gift sets ($0.99 ea)
2             Axe shower gel ($0.99 ea)
2             Orajel Spin brush (design my own)

The last 3 are stocking stuffers.  I paid $0.99 for each Axe product (the boy lives in this stuff!) and the girls have begged me for the toothbrush which was on sale for $4.99 and I had a $2 coupon. Josh will laugh at the toothpaste (because we have enough for a year already) but at $0.29 who can say no!!!! I walked out of Tom Thumb with a skip and a grin having saved $105.01
Grand total for both stores:
$282.56
Paid:
$116.03

Total savings of 59%  



 In Him,Forever Blessed~
Jenny

No comments: