Saturday, July 9, 2011

Oh, my lord.

I am the world's worst procrastinator!  I officially have 1 day and a few hours to start getting things together for our trip.  I have nothing packed.  I did however, get the oil changed and tires rotated today! 
Here's the scoop. 
1.  My phone is broke and I'm awaiting a replacement in the mail. PRAYING it gets here by Monday.
2.  My mom is not going to be able to travel with us.  That leaves me and 3 kids to make the journey.         BOTH ways.
3.  The van needs a replacement part.  $180.00. 

Why do I feel as though I'm not supposed to go?  Eh. I can do this!  Gratefully, the part/labor is only $180.  Grateful I have a back-up phone if mine doesn't come, thanks to my awesome son who just got a new one Thursday and has not had his old service discontinued! And I've made the drive before and many trips to NOLA which is 10 hours for me. 

I recall a phrase on a church sign in Lakeside, Tx (outside Azle).  "Be grateful for stumbles, they prevent falls" How true.  My God will protect us, and he will take us through it all.

Now, on to that packing......

No comments: