Monday, November 1, 2010

She's got....PERSONALITY!

Oh....don't let that sweet sleeping innocent face fool you.  "Aww, she is so beautiful", "What a cute sweet baby"...wait until she opens her eyes and decides that to speak.  HO-LY. COW!!  This girl is showing her personality and it hovers between a loud yankee (me) and a stubborn scots-irish (dad).  Let's just say she knows what she wants, when she wants it and how to make it know that she want's it now.  She has me wrapped around her cute little finger and I admit it.  How could I resist holding and loving her??  She's the final in a line of 4, the baby that will only be a baby for a short while and I will cherish this time as much as I want.  Yea, I may be part of the problem but I do not forsee any permanent problems.  Hopefully, she will outgrow this phase, but if not...then we will figure out what kind of parenting skills we will come up to deal with it.  In the meantime, I'll suffer through the sleep-fighting where she arches her back and screams like she's in pain, the stiffening and screaming each time I put her in the high chair and every time I walk out of sight.  It's only a matter of time before CPS shows up at my door inquiring about abuse or neglect.  Or the Police come to issue me a noise citation for her decibal use.  I pity my neighbors when the front door and windows are open :) But hey, I gotta have some cool autumn air in the house!

Winsor Meadows HOA Fall Festival 2010

The girls had a blast with halloween this year!  To boot...they got the exact costumes they wanted!!  Abby, a cat and Keara Tinkerbell.  I'm not a fan of halloween as I don't see it as a holiday or celebratory day, but I gave in and we did the trick or treating.  Normally we only partake in the Fall Festivals and everything to do with the Thanksgiving Holiday.  

More importantly....I voted. Have you? 

No comments: